struts-user mailing list archives

From DGra...@EvergreenInvestments.com
Subject RE: How to handle a table with an unknown number of rows
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:41:15 GMT
The form could have many thousands of rows and my real problem was
determining which cell had been edited.  I'm not sure if it's correct, but
I solved this by doing the following:

1. Each editable textfield in the HTML form has a dynamically constructed
name.  This field also has an "onChange" handler that dynamically adds a
new new hidden element (dirtyCell) to the page to track the changed
fields.
2. The textfields and hidden elements are passed to the action.
3. I iterate over the array of "dirtyCell", get the textfield name that
has been edited, and retrieve the contents from request parameter map and
then persist it.

If anyone knows of a better way to do it, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,
Dennis

Ravi <ravijee123@yahoo.com>
06/18/2004 06:20 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: How to handle a table with an unknown number of rows

Hello,

U can try this.Most probably this will work.

U can store the data in the Arraylist map this list to form level
Arraylist.
use logic:iterate tag to display data from the form Level ArrayList with
id and property as the form level list.

tell me whether @ runtime r u going to add any rows??

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
G Ravi.

"Rajat Pandit, Gurgaon" <rpandit@ggn.hcltech.com> wrote:
Not sure about the version issue, but you might want to look at indexed
properties. Search for "miniHOW" in the archives and you might find one of
the posts which deals with this.