struts-user mailing list archives

From brati.sankargh...@tcs.com
Subject Re: Servlet filter
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:29:13 GMT
Shilpa,
We are doing just that. A filter comes into effect before the control goes
to the servlet. So if you can stop the user at the filter level you are
actually saving some processing. We are checking for the presence of
session in the filter.

Brati Sankar Ghosh
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: brati.sankarghosh@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

"Shilpa Vaidya" <shilpa.vaidya@icici-infotech.com>
06/03/2004 03:41 PM

Please respond to

cc

Subject
Servlet filter

hey all,
Preventing users from accesing action. I am writing a web app to manage
administrators and profiles.
Administrators may access to the web app based on the profiles they have.
The profiles, determine which pages the administrator might access. The
profiles, and authorizations, might change online during work, so I need
check authorization to access a page (Action) on each access.If I
understand
correct, then, the actionServlet, first process the form bean, and then
the
action..
But, if the user is not authorized to access a specific page (Action), I
need to forward him to an UnAuthorized error page, before thr formAction
bean is filled.
I would like to use a servlet filter. This filter checks the users rights
and instanciates a HttpServletRequest-Wrapper.But am not sure how - .Can
anyone help.Till then me trying to study the ServletFilter examples here n
there.
Shilpa

--

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information. It
should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.
If you have erroneously
received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender.
The recipient
acknowledges that ICICI Bank or its subsidiaries and associated companies,
 (collectively "ICICI
Group"), are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the
integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail
transmissions and further acknowledges that any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no
binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the
sender does so expressly with due authority of ICICI Group.Before opening
any attachments please check them for viruses and defects."

ForwardSourceID:NT0000A91E