struts-user mailing list archives

From Lokanath <lokan...@molecularconnections.com>
Subject RE: Struts/tiles: Run-time definition of which tile to include
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 03:37:01 GMT

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 4:00 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts/tiles: Run-time definition of which tile to include

On 31/5/04 2:52, "Michael McGrady" <mike@michaelmcgrady.com> wrote:

> Why don't you just use an
> ActionForward to go to the tiles definition in tiles-defs.xml you
> want?

Maybe I didn't explain myself well.  The point is that I don't want to have
one set of tile definitions for when they're logged in, and another set for
when logged out.  I want a single set of definitions, with the status tile
putting up appropriate content depending on whether they're logged in or
not.

One way would be to have a status tile that does conditional logic, as I
showed in my snippet.

But I thought there ought to be a simple way to do away with the conditional
page and do the whole thing in the definitions file: In my definition file,
I want to say "insert tile A or tile B depending on the value of bean X"

 Husted's book, and the Wrox one, are pretty poor on their coverage of
tiles, IMO.