struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Zammetti" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Action messages.
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:05:03 GMT
I'm not sure what you mean by "avoid 2 submit 's click".  If your referring
to the pooling method requiring a submit after the initial one (potential
any number of submits really), then yes, you would avoid that.

Here's an example off the top of my head (so the disclaimer is it might not
be perfect!):

work...</span>
<form name="myForm" method="post" action="whatever.ext">
Field A: <input type="text" name="fieldA"><br>
Field B: <input type="text" name="fieldB"><br>
<input type="submit" value="Call Server"
onClick="mainContent.style.display='none';pleaseWait.style.display='block';return
false;">
</form>

Note the return faksel in the onClick of the submit button... I just did
this so you'd see it work, without it the form submission proceeds and you
won't see anything because you immediately get no return.  Or something like
that anyway :)  The point is, remove that to try this for real against a
real server.

I think that'll do it, let me know if you need any further help.

Frank