struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Zammetti" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Semi-OT: Organizing WEB-INF/lib dir...
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:12:51 GMT
Sure, if you added it to the classpath it will work.  But the benefit of
WEB-INF/lib is that things in there are loaded as needed, you don't have to
put any of it on the classpath.

Most app servers I believe follow the pattern Tomcat does, which is that
there is a common folder that you can put JARs in that will be loaded as
needed and are accessible to all webapps.  Then there is WEB-INF/lib which
is specific to a given webapp.  In addition to both of those, anything on
the system classpath is accessible as well.

The point though is that if you put that folder under lib and do NOT added
it to your classpath, will it still work?  Even if it does, is JDeveloepr
doing anything for you in the background to make it work?

Frank