struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Zammetti" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Struts Web Services Enablement Project : version .02
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 18:50:32 GMT
Ok, I just posted version .02 of the newly-named Struts Web Services
Enablement Project (prounced 'SWISS EP' I guess?!?).  Here's the address
again:

http://www.omnytex.com/wst.zip

This version I think is considerably more useful, but I'm still eager to
hear anyone's opinions, comments, suggestions, etc.

Most notably in this version are two changes:

(1) There are no longer ANY required elements to the incoming SOAP message,
i.e., <actionMappingPath> is no longer required.  It still has the flat
format restriction, but it should be cleaner now without even the single
required element.

(2) There is now a Struts plug-in that reads a new webservices-config.xml
file.  THIS IS OPTIONAL.  You don't have to use the plug-in and you don't
have to write this config file, but that will limit you to the default
output template dumping all ActionForm members only.  However, I believe it
will be used more often than not because it allows you to (a) map your own
XML-rendering JSP's to an Action so that you are no longer limited to the
default XML template's message format, and (b) allows you to pick and choose
what ActionForm members are returned by the default template if you still
want to use it, and even in what order!

There are a number of other more minor changes, but these two I believe
begin to make this project actually worth something (my opinion anyway).

Please, let me know what you think.  Play with the sample webapp, let me
know how I'm doing!

Frank