struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Zammetti" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Semi-OT: Organizing WEB-INF/lib dir...
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 04:11:43 GMT
I'm pretty sure the answer is no.  I just took all the JARs for a test app I
had installed and moved them from WEB-INF/lib to WEB-INF/lib/stuff, and the
app no longer works.  This is in Tomcat, so possibly it would work with
another app server, but I tend to doubt it.

One suggestion that I can make, a habit I've gotten into, is name your JARs
liberally, since their names don't matter.  I usually name the JARs as
descriptively as possible (for example, "jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.1.0.jar"
might be one) and include their version, so it's fairly easy to tradk down
what's what and at a glance tell what versions I'm running.  Probably not
the ideal answer, but maybe it'll clean up the mess just a little.

Frank