struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: <bean:write> property has no getter method
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:07:25 GMT
> From: Yu, John [mailto:John.Yu@compuware.com]
> I ran into "Property <myNestedProperty> has no getter method"
> errors when running my application under JDK 1.3.1.
> the last property on the chain has one
> getter and two setter (e.g. getAge:Integer, setAge(int),
> setAge(Integer))

Your bean does not conform to the JavaBeans specification, at least the
last one I read.  You're not supposed to have multiple setters with the
same name, or matching get/set methods with different types.

I stopped doing it a long time ago, are you saying that it now works
under 1.4?

Is this now "allowed" in a new JavaBeans spec, or is 1.4 "smarter" when
it comes to figuring out what method to call with
Reflection/introspection?

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.