struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yu, John" <John...@compuware.com>
Subject <bean:write> property has no getter method
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:50:29 GMT
Hi,

I ran into "Property <myNestedProperty> has no getter method"
errors when running my application under JDK 1.3.1.

Here's some background information:
- Happens on <bean:write>.
- I'm using nested property, and the last property on the chain has one
getter and two setter (e.g. getAge:Integer, setAge(int), setAge(Integer))
- Error seems to only happen on certain properties; while other properties
are ok.
- The application is compiled under JDK 1.4.1, and run well there.
- Windows 2000, and I'm testing on WLS 8.1 and 7.0sp2.

I think this might have something to do with how Struts is using
introspection or maybe there's a difference between the two JDK versions.

Does anyone know the possible reason here?

Thanks,
John

and then destroy it.