struts-user mailing list archives

From mike <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject RE: Theoretical debate
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:04:19 GMT
At 06:36 AM 6/18/2004, Frank Zammetti wrote:

>In that mindset, I can see some logic to saying something like Crysalis is
>on a better path because your simplifying things a bit by essentially
>removing a layer.  I think we're all conditioned to think that ADDING
>layers of abstaction is a good thing, but I wonder if that's not in a
>great many cases just added extra layers of complexity that we don't
>really need.

I think that this is closer the issues involved, while over stating the
simplicity of Faces.  Faces may have less indirection, but I don't think it
is a picture of simplicity.  I see no reason why it should be either.

For my money, I am open to anything, but I find that Struts really can
deliver more than promised if used right.

Michael