struts-user mailing list archives

From Simone-dev <simo-...@piyosailing.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Soccer portal released goal.com
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:15:01 GMT
well... saying how it works would take all the afternoon to write the
email.. but basically

there is an admin website where edtors write contents
and the frontend website where user read the contents

To prevent the webserver/DB server to crash under load, all main
contents (homepage, top news and top pics, netcastings) are all cached
inside the webserver cache (ASP.NET provides a native cache that stores
both objects and rendered webpages)

when an editor writes a news, it is stored both into a DB and a
webservice is called to invalidate a certain cache, so that is reloaed
and the user reads immediately the new contents without having to wait
for the cache to auto-reload

This is the same for mediafiles

for the menu and the homepage contents it's a bit different:
when the editor compose the menu or choose the contents of the homepage
another webservice is called and a page fragment is written on the disk
so that i can be accessed as a static html file.

All was developed for lowering the load on the web server at the maximum...

Simone