struts-user mailing list archives

From Samuel Rochas <samuel.roc...@andinasoft.com>
Subject property name repetition in one form
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:24:56 GMT
Hello,

I am using a form displaying properties from a bean. One property of
this bean is named aProperty.

The bean as another property which is a list of other beans (call it
items), which one of the item has the property named aProperty too.

In my form, I want to know which user is shown, so I use the property
aProperty of my bean. And I want to know which item of the items list is
selected, with the help of the property aProperty of each item.

So in the form, I have the repetition of the property name aProperty.
How can I deal with that? Is there a way to handle that, for example
giving a different name to the form controls than the property name they
are representing?

Thanx in advance
Samuel