struts-user mailing list archives

From "Voinea, Marina" <Marina.Voi...@genesys.com>
Subject RE: More than one submit buttons
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:34:51 GMT

Thank you very much, Frank, we'll use your idea.

we also need to do what you've done : your "reverse behaviour:submit the form when any of
the fields has focus rather than just the submit button" .

Because I'm not that experienced with java script, could please forward an example from your
code (before I try it for one day to make it work...).
  (event handler attached to the button or to the field ...)
 Do you have any JSTL that would do that ? ( we try to minimize java script as much as possible).

 We appreciate your help greatly!
Marina

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Zammetti [mailto:fzammett@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 12:23 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: RE: More than one submit buttons

I've never tried this, but I've done the reverse, so it probably should
work... you should be able to just eat the enter key event via client-side
scripting.  This SHOULD work:

if (window.event.keyCode == 13) { return false; }

Attach that as a page-level event handler and I think it'll do the trick.
You may have to attach it to each of the submit buttons (in fact, that might
be required INSTEAD of making it page-level, I think that might be the
case).

As I said, I've done the exact reverse, handling enter as a submit event (so
that you could submit the form when any of the fields has focus rather than
just the submit button), so I'd bet this works.