struts-user mailing list archives

From Dhruv Trivedi <dhruv_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem with jsession id
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:44:36 GMT
Hi Niko and all other guys,

is there any way in struts to avoid this URL rewriting.

Actually jsessionid is also appended with the link with which i am submitting the form.
have a look on code:
Original code is:

But when i run application(first time):

How can i get rid of this thing

--Dhruv

Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.deloof@capgemini.com> wrote:

On first request, a session is created. Tomcat (or any other servlet container) wan use two
mecanism to handle sessions
: cookies or URL rewriting (add a ";jsessionid=...").

Preference is for cookies, because it doesn't need to change URLs in pages, but on first request,
Tomcat has no way to
know if the browser accepts cookies, so it needs to rewrite URLs AND put a setCookie header.

If next request have cookie, URL rewriting is not mandatory anymore.

URL rewriting is done when encoding URL using response.encodeUrl(). Struts is compliant with
J2EE and calls this method
in jsp tags for every URL it has to render.

If you don't want such URL to be shown in user browser, you should use a redirect on your
first action.

Nico.

> hello guys,
>
> when i open the login form of my struts application, for the very first time a jession
id is appended with the
value of action attribute

> example
>

> above value is shown in the source code of the displayed page.
>
> can any one tell me why it happens and how can i solve this problem.
>
> Asim Ghosh

> ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself

Our name has changed. Please update your address book to the following format: "recipient@capgemini.com".

are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,