struts-user mailing list archives

From Ravi <ravijee...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to handle a table with an unknown number of rows
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:20:23 GMT
Hello,

U can try this.Most probably this will work.

U can store the data in the Arraylist map this list to form level Arraylist.
use logic:iterate tag to display data from the form Level ArrayList with id and property as
the form level list.

tell me whether @ runtime r u going to add any rows??

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
G Ravi.

"Rajat Pandit, Gurgaon" <rpandit@ggn.hcltech.com> wrote:
Not sure about the version issue, but you might want to look at indexed
properties. Search for "miniHOW" in the archives and you might find one of
the posts which deals with this.

-----Original Message-----
From: DGraham@EvergreenInvestments.com
[mailto:DGraham@EvergreenInvestments.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 10:26 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: How to handle a table with an unknown number of rows

So, I can't get my head around this. Is it possible for an ActionForm to
model an HTML table with an unknown number of rows?

The context is that I have a page that displays the raw results of a query.
One of the fields is always editable by the user, so I need to be able to
submit a form to persist the edited data. However, I don't know the size of
the resultset in advance, so I'm...stuck.

BTW, I'm currently constrained to using Struts 1.0.

Thanks,
Dennis