struts-user mailing list archives

From Ralf Schneider <r...@tapfere-schneiderleins.de>
Subject MessageResources Problem in Action
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:23:23 GMT
Hi,

I want to access the strings in a resource bundle from within an action. I
have two resource files (ApplicationResources.properties and
ApplicationResources_de.properties) and they are accessed correctly from the
JSP, but not from the action.

When I look at the locale with request.getLocale() in the action I see that it
is set to de_AT. This is what I expected. Unfortunately, the strings are
fetched from ApplicationResources.properties, not from
ApplicationResources_de.properties as they should be.

I use this code to get a string from the resource bundle:

	MessageResources messages = getResources (request);
	String msg = messages.getMessage("rights.new");

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Ralf.