struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nicolas De Loof" <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: <bean:write> property has no getter method
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:01:17 GMT

I've had such troubles. I don't know if it comes from struts (common-beanutils) way to introspect
object to discover
accessor methods, or if javaBeans spec describes it so. I've notice you will get such errors
when you define getter
return type != setter param type or have multiple setters with various parameter type.

I've also noticed this seems to work better under jdk 1.4.

To solve this, I'd suggest to rename incompatible setters to setAgeAsInt(int), so that javabean
'Age' property is
strictly defined as beeing of type int.

Nico.

Our name has changed.  Please update your address book to the following format: "recipient@capgemini.com".