struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kunal H. Parikh" <kun...@carsales.com.au>
Subject RE: Saving state.
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 08:30:59 GMT
Hi!

What state are you trying to remember?

If it is the preparation of the grid in JSP1, then u can either save the
attributes as session attributes or the results as a session attribute.

Also, if everything is related to an ID, then u can reconstruct links with
the id in all links on the page.

You need to be a little more specific to get a more specific answer to your
scenario.

HTH anyway!

Kunal

-----Original Message-----
From: SEGUI MUNAR [mailto:masegui@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 3 June 2004 16:43
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Saving state.

	Hi. I'm developing an application with Struts 1.1, Tomcat 5 and
Eclipse. I
explain my problem:

	This situation is: I have 1 jsp (jsp1) that shows information in a
grid.
>>From this grid I can go to the jsp2, where I can see the details of 1 row
of
the previous grid. From jsp2 I can go to jsp3, where I can see aditional
information about the record shown in jsp2. From jsp3 I can go to jsp4 to
see any other information, and so on. My problem is not going forward, my
problem is goin back. ¿How can I retrieve the state of each action form? I
use scope="request". ¿Should I implement an stack to save the differents
actionform's? Is there any example of stack. ¿Should I implement any other
system?

	I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.