struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jose Ramon Diaz" <jose.d...@aranzadi.es>
Subject RE: URL regd Servlet filter
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:24:54 GMT
> can you give an outline of the typeof problem you faced?

 I started one discussion last week, but it?hasn?t been answered :)
It said...

	I am trying to wrap the HttpServletResponse to apply gzip compression on
data sent to the client when gzip is supported. I'm using a filter,wrapper
and custom ServletOutputStream based on published code.
It seems to work except when I chain actions. If I call one action which
executes a forward to a JSP, I get the exception attached.

We have the filter applied only to *.do in <url-pattern> from web.xml, so we
thought the filter is applied to the actions, and the JSP.

We know this question has been asked several times, but we have not found a
good solution for us. what could I be doing that would cause the stream to
be closed? Can?t we put a filter to compress if we use forwards from
actions?

Thanks in advance!