struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Does STRUTS Support CSS Layout or Only Table Layout?
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 21:45:17 GMT
At 5:08 PM -0400 5/20/04, Hoffman, David wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I was told that a particular project is using the STRUTS 1.1 framework,
>using page layouts and tiles. Is STRUTS limited to using HTML tables for
>page layout or can the layout use pure CSS formatting? If pure CSS
>formatting can be used, how would a developer use STRUTS to control the
>layout?

Struts is a web application controller which can use a variety of
techniques to produce HTML "views".  As long as you know how to make
"pure css formatting," you can do it, and Struts is agnostic.

In the sense that many people strongly associate Struts with its JSP
tag library, all of the Struts custom JSP  tags allow you to specify
values for the "style" and "id" attributes of those elements.
However, for "pure CSS formatting," you'd generally be talking about
properties on <div> and <span> tags, which Struts has nothing
particularly to do with.

In short, the answer is "yes," you can do "pure css formatting" with Struts.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com