struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: struts.meetup.com (Re: [OT] Struts users in [my city, my coun try])
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 13:05:46 GMT
At 11:38 AM +0100 5/25/04, Pilgrim, Peter wrote:
>When using struts.meetup.com I was curious to find out
>how do you find out about the people meeting up? How many?
>Where the venue is? Or is this site another message board
>thing? I just dont want to waster anybodies time or mine.

I believe that the system sends out an email to say "it's time to
choose a venue" which leads back to a hosted survey that collects
votes for nominated venues.  (Some businesses actually "affiliate" as
"meetup-friendly" but I'm pretty sure you can put in any place you
like.)

To be honest, though, I haven't noticed any email from them for a
while, so either it's getting treated as spam or they may have
changed the way it works.  I've never actually attended any Meetups
for any topic, but I had remembered that someone set up the Struts
area a while ago, so I thought I'd remind folks on the list.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com