struts-user mailing list archives

From "Adolfo Miguelez" <pell...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [very OT] 16 kb limit in XML from Tomcat?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 10:47:07 GMT
I did have similar experiences parsing files by myself using SAX parsing.
Xerces and other parsers chop files in blocks. 16k is the default size for
xerces, or at least it was.

Hander code must be aware of that, in the events handling, and hold strings
from one block to the other if one tag is broken in between two blocks.

Otherwise, results can be unpredictable.

I guess, just a guess, could happen something similar in Tomcat parsing but
a deeper investigation must be developed. Anyway, that you say could have
meaning.

Regards,

Adolfo.