struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Mohan" <rahul_mo...@pune.tcs.co.in>
Subject RE: FW: code too large for try statement
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 08:08:45 GMT

Thank for the reply joe...

	But the Tomcat I am using is 4.1 only.....I have checked the documentation
and found out that both Tomcat4.1 and Weblogic8.1 is conformant to J2EE1.3
( Servlet 2.3 / JSP 1.2 ) ....so the problem is not with the jsp specs....

further, i feel that the problem is with the mechanism with which the
container translates the JSP to servlet when the JSP is having tags....

	On comparison of servlets I could find out that:
	1. Weblogic generated servlet has a HUGE jspservice method. The size can be
attributed to all the EXTRA tag handling statements ( like getting a tag
object frm the tag pool, setting its attributes, calling its doStart()
etc... )
	2. On the other hand, Tomcat generated a servlet with a much smaller
jspservice method. At each tag handling part, it just calls a method to
handle the tag. Those methods will also be generated by Tomcat in the
servlet. This definitely seems to be a smarter strategy.

 	Now, my question is whether we can configure Weblogic in some way to do
the translation as Tomcat does? ( I need to use  Weblogic, thats a project
requirement )

   Please help.

 Thanks,

rahul