struts-user mailing list archives

From "Paul-J Woodward" <paul-j.woodw...@db.com>
Subject RE: sending emails from a struts app
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 16:44:15 GMT
Simply make your action servlet spawn a thread to perform the action/send
the mail atomically. The easiest way is to make your mail sending class
extend the Thread class, create a new instance and run it.

Paul
Global Equity Derivatives Technology
Deutsche Bank [/]

        cc:
        Subject:        RE: sending emails from a struts app

JavaMail - no problem... found loads of examples.

With regards to the canceling of requests, i'm not sure what you're saying
-
are you saying
1. your code will stop on browser cancels and there's nothing you can do
or
2. you're code will always finish running even if the user cancels (tho
obviously it wont get displayed)

Comparing this to php, when a browser cancels a request to php, it stops
the
execution of the script (sometimes...). But, you can add code to make the
script complete regardless of wether the user is still there or not.

This is what i want to acheive.  I cant have the user submitting a
request,
and then stopping it part way through.

Daniel.