struts-user mailing list archives

From "Paul-J Woodward" <paul-j.woodw...@db.com>
Subject Re: Null collections
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 17:09:59 GMT
logic:notEmpty is the correct answer

Paul
Global Equity Derivatives Technology
Deutsche Bank [/]

        To:     user@struts.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Null collections

Hi folks... this should be a simple one, but I've been reading for about
30
minutes now without finding the answer...

I have a collection that I iterate over with logic:iterate, building a
table... normal stuff... problem is, the collection might be null, which
the
tag handles just fine, except that since I start my table OUTSIDE the
logic:iterate tag, I have a black square on the screen, the outline of the

table.

So, my question simply is what tag can I use, and with what syntax, to
check
if a collection in a bean is null before starting my logic:iterate tag?  I

of course found logic:equal. but it doesn't seem like it would do what I
want.  logic:notEmpty or maybe logic:notPresent might be the ticket, but
I'm
not sure how to set up the tag if one of them is the answer.

Thanks all!