struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Newbie question: Deleting an ActionForm that is in session scope.
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 10:13:16 GMT
Yes, you can just remove the form from the session.
Struts will create a new one when its needed. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Lipscombe [mailto:adam.lipscombe@expensys.com]
Sent: Friday, 14 May 2004 18:15
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Newbie question: Deleting an ActionForm that is in session
scope.

Folks,

I have a wizard framework that uses the same ActionForm to collect data as
the wizard progresses.
The scope of the ActionForm is session so that values are preserved when the
user navigates back and forwards through the wizard.

When I get to the end of the wizard, I don't want the same data to be
displayed next time the user starts the same wizard.
Do I just remove the ActionForm from the session attribute list?
Or should I leave the Form in the session attribute list and clear each of
its fields?
Or is either approach OK?

TIA - Adam