struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Forms per Submits
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 03:13:42 GMT
Hey James,

Why not nest your form beans inside another, main form bean?  Then you could
access them using dot notation mainBean.thatBean.thisProperty,
mainBean.someOtherBean.thatOtherProperty, etc.

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael McGrady [mailto:mike@michaelmcgrady.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 11:09 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Multiple Forms per Submits

The technical answer to your question, if it is taken literally to be about
the client side, is that with HTML you can only have the values of one form
on a response page submitted with a request from the client.  If you are
thinking truly about submitting multiple forms on one page, why not just
make it one form?  I think you probably, as James apparently also thinks,
must mean something else.  The reason you must is that extending forms on
the server side really is fairly unrelated to what you do on the client
side.

If you are talking about the server, there is also an answer.  You can do
just about anything you want to do with form objects.  Most of the things
you can do are ill-advised, but the alternatives are vast indeed.

Michael McGrady