struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Hertz" <jhe...@speakeasy.net>
Subject RE: Are there any IDE's that understand Struts tags?
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 03:06:10 GMT
I'm glad someone feels this way. I use JBuilder 8, and I find it's the
only IDE that actually has helped me more than it has gotten in my way.

Still, it bothers me that it does things differently than every other
IDE out there (Borland Make vs Ant, etc), and I keep threatening to punt
it. I'm waiting for the next version before I consider upgrading since
it appears real close to coming out based on Borland's "every 6 months"
release schedule. That, and I was underwhelmed with JB X. It barely
acknowledges the Validator's existence.

I know people who used to work at Borland who prefer Intellij IDEA, and
I know it has quite the fanatic following, so that should be telling me
something... I'd probably like it if I could see it in the hands of
someone who knew how to get it to put it's through it's paces, but as it
is, I think I'm going to stick with the "devil I know". I never seem to
have the time necessary to "change gears" and JB at least integrates
cleanly with Tomcat 4.1.