struts-user mailing list archives

From "Josh Holtzman" <jholtz...@americandatacompany.com>
Subject RE: Struts and Data/Presentation Separation
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 05:16:46 GMT
Thank you KP,

I should have stated earlier that we are actually quite familiar with the
java XML parsers and XSLT transformation engines.

We are considering writing a servlet or filter to handle the
transformations. A caching mechanism would also need to be written.

We are researching if there are any existing technologies that may handle
our needs.  There is no need to reinvent the wheel within the Struts
framework.

Resin is a possibility.  It is my understanding that it performs very well.
We are considering resin's XTP (XML Template Pages), however, I'm concerned
if we go this route we become dependant on the Resin platform.

Any comments on the use of Resin with Struts and some of the benefits or
drawbacks on using XTP are appreciated.

Regards,

Josh Holtzman

AMERICAN DATA COMPANY

Developing and Supporting your Online Applications

jholtzman@americandatacompany.com

Voice: (310) 470-1257

Fax:    (310) 362-8454

Sun Microsystems iForce Partner