struts-user mailing list archives

From "Pilgrim, Peter" <peter.pilg...@csfb.com>
Subject RE: Are there any IDE's that understand Struts tags?
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 16:09:34 GMT

For a previous banking client. They employed a freelance page designer
who mocked up from Excel spreadsheets. I took his HTML page then
converted them to JSTL when building the Struts front-end.

I fact I do work with Dreamweaver MX for building static web sites.
The HTML Table drawing editor is fantastic. I just dont know
about the JSP capabilities of DreamWeaver, because the things I want
to use JSTL are in fact part of Java IDE instead of a page dynamic.

So I would recommend using DreamWeaver for static design up to point
of creating a Look and Feel, then convert to JSP. Divide and conquer
one stage at a stage.

( There a market for the one product that does both page design
and IDE debugging. Perhaps that is the true remit of Java Studio Designer. )

==////==

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,