struts-user mailing list archives

From "Prasad, Kamakshya" <kpra...@capitalservicing.co.jp>
Subject RE: Struts and Data/Presentation Separation
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 00:31:08 GMT
Hi,

This might help u..

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/excerpt/java_xslt_ch5/index.html

KP

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Holtzman [mailto:jholtzman@americandatacompany.com]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 8:08 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Struts and Data/Presentation Separation

Hello all,

We are considering employing a solution that would enable us to store
data
in an XML format, and use XSL to format the data into various document
types
- html, text, pdf, etc.  We intend to have a transformation engine
located
within our web application, and when a request is made for a resource
the
associated XML is transformed for the response to the client.  A caching
mechanism is something we would likely employ to increase performance.

Can anyone assist us with the following?

1.	Are there any suggestions or best practices on how to implement
this
within the Struts framework?
2.	Would it make sense to use a product like Resin?  If so what are
the
benefits and drawbacks of doing so?
3.	Are there any suggestions for creating form based HTML pages to
manage the content of the xml docs?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Josh Holtzman

AMERICAN DATA COMPANY

Developing and Supporting your Online Applications

jholtzman@americandatacompany.com

Voice: (310) 470-1257

Fax:    (310) 362-8454

Sun Microsystems iForce Partner