struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Cortes" <rcor...@boltstaff.com>
Subject JSTL 1.1 + HTML-EL Problem
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 17:33:29 GMT
Hey guys,

I've been banging my head with this for sometime so I'm hoping someone has an answer.  We
are running JBoss 3.2.3 and have successfully replaced Tomcat 4 with Tomcat 5 so we can use
the JSP 2.0 and Servlet 2.4 specifications.  I decided to download Standard 1.1 which has
support for JSTL 1.1 (including the JSTL functions) and I'm having problems getting the <html-el>
tags to properly work with JSTL 1.1.  Everything works fine if I don't use the <html-el>
tags but once I introduce <html-el> tags into my JSPs/Tiles I get an error stating the
"property" attribute can't accept expressions.  I might also add that I've modified our web.xml
to point to the Servlet 2.4 XML schema rather than the Servlet 2.3 DTD.  I tried switching
back to the Servlet 2.3 DTD and using the isELEnabled directive but I kept getting the following
error:

"Page directive has invalid attribute: isELEnabled"

Am I correct in saying the <html-el> tags don't work with the Servlet 2.4 specification?

Thanks,
Ricardo