struts-user mailing list archives

From Kathy Zhou <kz...@cmdservices.com>
Subject RE: Struts File-Upload performance issue
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 17:13:54 GMT
Jacob,

I agree with you.  I do not think this is a struts issue. Java is not a
good tool for large file uploading.

We run into the similar issue before. We built a web interface (Java app)
to let users upload files through our web sites. The function performance
decreased with the growth of file sizes. FTP would be the final solution
for a large file uploading. The hardest thing using FTP is that you need a
FTP client tool and it should be integrated with your web app smoothly so
that users would not leave the site to upload their files and be back to
the site after that.

I would like to know if anybody has further comments on it. Thanks,

Kathy