struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul McCulloch <paul.mccull...@axiossystems.com>
Subject RE: how to send the 'index' to javascript function
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 09:32:56 GMT
Scriptlets do work in the Struts html tags. They are defined as RT
attributes in the TLD, and it's the container that implements RT, not the
tag itself.

Perhaps the original poster is using the html-el taglib. In this case the RT
expression won't work - an EL equivalent shoule be used.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: brati.sankarghosh@tcs.com [mailto:brati.sankarghosh@tcs.com]
Sent: 28 May 2004 10:25
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: how to send the 'index' to javascript function

Scirptlets will not work within a html struts tag. If you want to use
scriplets use a normal html tag instead.

Brati Sankar Ghosh
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: brati.sankarghosh@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Mark Lowe <mark.lowe@boxstuff.com>
05/28/2004 02:47 PM
Please respond to

cc
SubjectRe: how to send the 'index' to javascript function

What happens if you try this in your page?

<%= "JSP Works!!!" %>

On 28 May 2004, at 11:05, subramaniam.o@tcs.com wrote:

> Hi Janarthanan,
>
>         I tried that, Im getting '<%= index.intValue()%>' in doThis()
> and not the value.
>
> Regards
>  Subramaniam
>

> "Janarthan Sathiamurthy" <janarthan.s@mphasis.com>
>
> 05/28/2004 02:12 PM
>

> Please respond to
>  "Struts Users Mailing List" <user@struts.apache.org>

> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: how to send the 'index' to javascript function
>

> try this -
> onblur="doThis('<%= index.intValue() %>')"/>
>
>  Regards,
>  Janarthan S

ForwardSourceID:NT0000A1F6

Axios Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message,
and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages
of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed
in this message are not given or endorsed by my Company or employer unless otherwise indicated
by an authorised representative independent of this message.
WARNING:
While Axios Systems Ltd takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being transmitted via
electronic mail attachments we cannot guarantee that attachments do not contain computer virus
code.  You are therefore strongly advised to undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing
the attachment to this electronic mail.  Axios Systems Ltd grants no warranties regarding
performance use or quality of any attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage
howsoever caused.