struts-user mailing list archives

From Duncan Mills <duncan.mi...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Are there any IDE's that understand Struts tags?
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 12:37:21 GMT
Oracle JDeveloper 10g (http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev)  understands
the Struts tags and will pre-render them at design time if that's what
you want to see in the visual editor.  For instance a <html:text> will
render as a Text field not as a tag, likewise <bean:message> tags will
be resolved at design time so you're working with the actual text rather
than a resource key tag.
In fact any Tag library, including the JSTL ones, can be set to
pre-render in the design time., but it's optional of course, if you want
to run with plain tags in the visual editor, or indeed work in code view
then that's fine, it's all supported and synchronised.

Regards

Duncan Mills
Senior Principal Product Manager
Oracle Application Development Tools