struts-user mailing list archives

From John Moore <j...@jmsd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Tiles - getting parent attribute?
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 21:40:00 GMT
Josh Cronemeyer wrote:

>Well, I myself have just started out with struts and tiles too, but I'm
>going to take a crack at your question...
>
>I don't really see why you have two page titles.  You are setting a page
>title for the menu area of the page and the support area of the page,
>but you are still talking about only 1 page composed of multiple
>tiles...
>
>Here is what I think you are trying to do.

Yes, you were pretty close there. The 'pageTitle' thing is slightly
misleading, though. I was not wanting to use it for a title in the menu
page. Instead I was using it to determine which menu item to disable.
Thus, if someone is on the Support page, I want to be able to determine
this in the menu page, so I can disable the Support menu item. That's
why I needed to pass the title in. IN the meantime I've got around it
with what I regard as a kludge, but I'll be getting back to the point
again in a couple of days. As I say, I'm sure it's because I'm not
thinking about Tiles the right way yet, rather than because it's
genuinely difficult.

John