struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX" <kkamh...@moog.com>
Subject RE: LookUpDispatchAction :does not contain handler parameter name d ...
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 13:24:28 GMT
Can you send the code for the DataTypePopulateAction class?

I'm having a similar problem, except I'm using a form with multiple submit
buttons and if I press the 'Enter' key rather than clicking on the button,
then I get the same error.  At least I think it's the same error... I'll
check.  I guess when I press 'Enter' it doesn't know which submit to use,
which could be related to your issue.
Just for the hell of it, I guess you could try clicking the button instead
of pressing 'Enter' assuming that you're not already doing that.

Keith Kamholz
IT - Programming and Architecture
Moog Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: shankarr [mailto:shankarr@adventnet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 3:10 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: LookUpDispatchAction :does not contain handler parameter named

Hi!

I am getting an exception which reads like this : *:does not contain
handler parameter named empfieldsaction
*
I have the following jsp.

<input type = hidden name="module" value="Leads" >
Leads Custom Fields &nbsp; <html:submit property="empfieldsaction">

My struts-config-temp.xml entry is :

<action path="/StartCustomFieldCreation"
        type="com.adventnet.hrms.action.DataTypePopulateAction"
        name="fieldDetailsForm"
        scope="request"
        parameter="empfieldsaction">
        <forward name="addnewfield" path="hrms.field_datatype"/>
        </action>

I use partitioned struts-config.xml file .

In the particular case, I have used struts-config-temp.xml file

StartCustomFieldCreation.do invokes a LookupDispatchAction.

PLease help.

*Richie*