struts-user mailing list archives

From "Julio Cesar De Salvo" <jdesa...@itechnology.com.ar>
Subject RE: is this posible? return to the same page after being executed
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 16:48:20 GMT
The issue is that there's multiples ways to call the action that I want
to come back. So I cannot set this in the struts-config.xml, but maybe
there's some way to recall the url of the action or jsp inside the
action that process the request and then come back to the caller action.

Is that clear?

Thanks again.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Geeta Ramani [mailto:gramani@terralink.com]
Enviado el: MiƩrcoles, 05 de Mayo de 2004 12:49 p.m.
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Asunto: RE: is this posible? return to the same page after being
executed

oh, ok!

This exact question I think was asked and answered maybe in the past
month or so - sorry, I don't have the exact reference. So maybe you
could search the archives - or the poster of that answer will oblige
again.. (have you looked into HttpServletRequestgetRequestUrl() (going
from memory so may not be exact..)

However, before you do that, is there some reason you want a "generic"
answer? After all, this will be an entry in the struts-config.xml and
hardcoding there is the norm not the exception.. Unless you have many
ways of getting to that particular action and .. you know what i
mean..:) I tend to like simple solutions best - but then again, I
doubtless don't understand the complexities of your situation..

Geeta