struts-user mailing list archives

From "Amleto Di Salle" <disa...@di.univaq.it>
Subject R: From bean into "for" loop
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 08:26:36 GMT
Hi,
you are using scriplets and EL together. If you want to use JSTL, the
following code is:

For JSTL1.1
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>

For JSTl1.0
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>

<c:forEach var="productelement" items="${productData.someCount}">
	//write my text here using "productelement"
</c:forEach>

BR
/Amleto

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Andy Engle [mailto:struts@andyengle.com]
Inviato: lunedì 24 maggio 2004 5.50
A: user@struts.apache.org
Oggetto: From bean into "for" loop

Hi all,

I am trying to do something as simple as writing a FOR loop with some
information that I have in a bean, but this is proving to be quite a bit
more cumbersome and difficult than I thought it would be.  For some
reason, everything I try seems to fail.  Here is a short example of what
I'm trying to do:

<% for(int i = 0; i < ${productData.someCount}; i++) {  %>
   // Write my text here
<% } %>

What am I missing here?  If you could help me I'd appreciate it --
enough time wasted on this thing already.

Thanks,
Andy