struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jose Ramon Diaz" <jose.d...@aranzadi.es>
Subject RE: Struts modules question
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 05:59:24 GMT
Hi,

we have an application with four modules. We have defined four
struts-config:
struts-config-module1.xml
struts-config-module2.xml
struts-config-module3.xml
struts-config-module4.xml

This allows us to separate application logic in more little applications, as
the whole struts-config would be of 100Kb and it would be very difficult to
manage, I think.

We change of module without problems with several ways:
1) As all the JSPs are in the same directory application (under WEB-INF)
there is no difference calling a JSP (from config-file defined in Action !we
never call JSP directly!) that may contains references to each module.
2) In an Action defined in one module, we can call an action os another
module:
struts-config-module1.xml:
 <action name="actionM1" path="/actionM1" scope="request"
type="es.aranzadi....">
   <forward contextRelative="true" name="openModule2"
path="/module2/actionM2.do"/>
   <forward contextRelative="true" name="actionModule3"
path="/module3/actionM3.do"/>
 </action>

I hope this helps...

Regards