struts-user mailing list archives

From ZCur...@tsys.com
Subject Nested tag: Best Practices?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:33:28 GMT
What is the best practices approach with struts tags when using nested
tags within a JSP? For example, if I have a nested form & root defined,
should all the tags used within the nested form use the nested equivalent
of the html tag? In this simplified example, should I use nested or html
for the image tag and submit button? I noticed there isn't a nested
equivalent to the reset button.

<nested:form  method="post" action="/myAction.do">
        <nested:root name="myForm">

        <nested:select property="select">
                <nested:option value="1"><bean:message key="name1" /></nested:option>
                <nested:option value="2"><bean:message key="name2" /></nested:option>
        </nested:select>

        <nested:submit property="submit"><bean:message key="mySubmit" /></nested:submit>

        </nested:root>
</nested:form>

Thanks!

Zach Curtis
TSYS Technology Center
ZCurtis@tsys.com
208-424-2145

The information contained in this communication (including any attachments hereto) is confidential
and is intended solely for the personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  The information may also constitute a legally privileged confidential
communication.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying, or unauthorized use
of this information, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.  Thank you