struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Jasper error
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:50:23 GMT
> From: as as [mailto:sam_struts@yahoo.com]
> property="id" />"/>
> Is this syntax right...Thank you!

No.  You cannot put a tag inside a tag.  (Further, I wonder about
name="ID" in your <bean:write> tag.)  If you really need to do this,
then look into the Struts-EL tags and JSTL.  But in your case, I really,
really don't think you need to mess with the value attribute at all.

If you make an 'id' property in your Form bean, and there is an 'id'
request value, Struts will  populate that value into the form.  Then it
will automatically render a hidden field with the value filled in for
you.

What prompted you to try this, are you getting blank HTML form fields?
If so, is the form possibly in request scope?  Try changing it to
session scope and see if that works.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.