struts-user mailing list archives

From <Vijay.N...@iflexsolutions.com>
Subject RE: Unhandled Exception in the Validator?
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:37:41 GMT
Can anyone please tell me where I can get the Struts 1.2 Jar file?

It does not seem to be up at the Jakarta Site?

Thanks,
VJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Hertz [mailto:jhertz@patriot.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 6:02 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Unhandled Exception in the Validator?

I'm using a recently 1.2 nightly build, but I suspect this isn't a 1.2
issue
necessarily. I think I'm pushing the infrastructure though.

Here's how:

I have a DynaValidatorActionForm which contains a List.

The List elements, in this case, happen to be instances of another
DynaBean,
which inside of the "populating" Action, I instantiate, populate, and
add to
the List.

So the page displays fine. And on it, say I enter "eweew" in a text box
entry
corresponding to a form property that I have told the validator is
depends=date (datePatternStrict MM/dd/yyyy).

The validator works (I get my message generated by the backend [no
popup], as
the docs say it would be handled because I am using a
IndexedListProperty to
get into the individual items.

BUT the following exception occurs from inside of the validator and I
didn't
see anything in bugzilla.

07:17:19,252  WARN GenericTypeValidator:222 - eweew

java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "eweew"

	at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:334)
	at org.apache.commons.validator.GenericTypeValidator.formatDate
(GenericTypeValidator.java:213)
	at org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateDate
(FieldChecks.java:519)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction.executeValidationMethod
(ValidatorAction.java:570)
	at
org.apache.commons.validator.Field.validateForRule(Field.java:808)
	at org.apache.commons.validator.Field.validate(Field.java:887)
	at org.apache.commons.validator.Form.validate(Form.java:171)
	at
org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:367)
	at org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorActionForm.validate
(DynaValidatorActionForm.java:77)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processValidate
(RequestProcessor.java:921)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process
(RequestProcessor.java:206)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process
(ActionServlet.java:1146)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost
(ActionServlet.java:410)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeN
ext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeN
ext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke
(StandardContext.java:2396)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
(StandardHostValve.java:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeN
ext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke
(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeN
ext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeN
ext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeN
ext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service
(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
(Http11Processor.java:405)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnect
ion(Http11Protocol.java:380)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt
(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
(ThreadPool.java:533)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named.If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print,
copy or deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.E-mail transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive
late or incomplete or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.