struts-user mailing list archives

From Riyad Kalla <...@email.arizona.edu>
Subject Re: i18n with keys from DB
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:56:32 GMT
Unfortunately you can't use tags inside of eachother like that, which is
why my code is still spackled with little expressions:

<bean:message key="<%= my_db_value %>" />

You can use an expression language to get around some cases like this
with JSTL, and I think Struts supports the EL as well... I don't know
for sure, I haven't used it.

Axel Seinsche wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I think I have a common problem, but couldn't find any solution in the archive of this
list or with Google.

>All I want to have is i18n where keys come from the DB. My DB contains a table where I
can read the keys from. With this key I want to do a lookup in my properties file. How can
I do this? Until now I failed to something like

><bean:message key="<c:out value="my_db_value" />" />
>
>I hope this problem was solved before and someone can help me.
>
>I thougt about storing my values language dependent in the DB, but for several reasons
I don't like this approach!