struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Validator Framework
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:55:30 GMT
Well obviously in that particular example it won't help you, you are
always going to have to declare the different validations somewhere, but
it at least allows you to define the common fields only once.

You define the common validations, and inherit them into 2 seperate
definitions to call from the 2 seperate actions.

I am speaking only on here-say though, since I haven't had the
opportunity to check this out yet! But it seems to me to be an elegant
way of avoiding the ValidatorActionForm.

And as you say, the 'deprecation' is not in the code, yet (if ever). But
if the inheritance works, then why not?