struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject validator javascript function names == action-paths
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 20:48:33 GMT
Hi folks,

I am wondering whether I've lost the plot as far as the validator goes.

I have been entering the action-path as the form name in the
validation.xml and the javascript taglib. I am seeing the error below. I
am not sure how long I failed to see the validation errors. It might be
weeks.

I'm using ValidatorActionForm. I thought this was how to use
ValidatorActionForm properly. Can anybody point out the error of my
ways? Thanks. Config snippets follow.

Adam

PS I upgraded to the latest CVS source today

Error: missing ( before formal parameters
Source File:
https://localhost:8443/gargantus/private/esurvey/question/update/start.do?questionId=17
Line: 366, Column: 13
Source Code:
     function /private/esurvey/question/update_required () {

This is the javascript tag:

                             method="validateForm"
                  dynamicJavascript="true"
                   staticJavascript="false"
                              cdata="false" />

and this is the validation.xml

     <form name="/private/esurvey/question/update">
       <field property="surveyId"
         depends="required,integer">
         <arg0   key="esurvey.question.validate.surveyId"/>
       </field>
       <field property="questionId"
         depends="required,integer">
         <arg0   key="esurvey.question.validate.questionId"/>
       </field>
     </form>

and the struts-config:

     <form-bean name="questionForm"
         type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorActionForm">
       <form-property name="questionId"
         type="java.lang.String"/>
       <form-property name="surveyId"
         type="java.lang.String"/>