struts-user mailing list archives

From "Amin Lalji" <amin.la...@intelysis.com>
Subject RE: Validator Dependant Checkboxes...
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:13:51 GMT
Thanks for the clarification Tim... it was as I thought....

So any ideas on how to validate against a non-existent value?

Does the validation framework support checking for the existence of an
element?

Thanks,
/A

-----Original Message-----
From: Slattery, Tim - BLS [mailto:Slattery.Tim@bls.gov]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 12:25 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Validator Dependant Checkboxes...

> I believe my theory about the box not being submitted jives
> with how struts Handles checkboxes... that is, it will not
> submit them if they are not checked...

That is the way it works, but not because of anything that Struts does.
That's the way that HTML works. *Any* web page with a checkbox, regardless
of how it got on the page or what will process it when the page is sent back
to the server will get no transmission of a checkbox unless it's checked.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T@bls.gov