struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Hertz <jhe...@patriot.net>
Subject RE: validator integer required
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:49:28 GMT
Well, it's not the *expected* behavior.

First thing -- I'd make id a String. The validator parses String properties.
Not having looked into the validator code myself, I suppose "required"
*could* work for a non string property, but I sure wouldn't try it with a
primative like int. Integer might have better results, but I'm speculating.

Just make id a String in the form and be done with it.

Aside from that, std questions about validator setup:

Is validate="true" on your ActionMapping?

Are we talking about a ValidatorForm or a ValidatorActionForm? With the
letter, you validate the Mapping name. with the former you validate the form
name?

HTH,

Joe