struts-user mailing list archives

From Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>
Subject Re: .properties file
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:53:48 GMT
> And in struts-config.xml I got :
>
> <message-resources
>     parameter="ca.ulaval.fsa.drdb.struts12.resources.
ApplicationResources"/>

> But still I get the same error messge.  The file exists in the above
> parameter definition.  I am puzzled!!!!!

Well, one thing that always gets me where you actually put the resource
file. For example, I specify this in my struts-config.xml:

	<message-resources parameter="resources.application"/>

so, in my web application directory I have the following:

<web-app>/WEB-INF/resources/application.properties.

Struts treats your parameter like its a package and class declaration
(its relative to the WEB-INF). Think of it as a class
resources.application. if you had a class com.test, then it would be
located com/test.class

so in your case above, you'd have
<web-app>/WEB-INF/ca/ulaval/fsa/drdb/struts12/resources.properties

Don't know if this was your problem, but I figured I'd throw it out
there.

--
Bryce Fischer <bryce@berzerker-soft.com>