struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Bednarz" <l...@bednarz.ch>
Subject Container vs application managed security - Role checking
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 17:08:43 GMT
After reading lots of online docs and parts of 'Struts in Action' I decided to stay with my
implementation of application managed security. However I like to make use of a new feature
introduced in Struts 1.1: role checking for actions.

As far as I understand it, I need to make my own implementation of processRoles in class RequestProcessor.

The question is:

When I subclass RequestProcessor, where do I have to put this class? Separate JAR file or
can it go somewhere inside my web application? I subclassed the Action class and derived all
actions from that class. That worked fine inside the app. But I do not see any direct calls
to RequestProcessor, this seems to be done inside the framework.

Can somebody help?

Many thanks.

Tom